Americans spent over $12 billion on cosmetic procedures last year, so it’s no surprise that the medical aesthetics industry is a growing. Treatments are performed in medical spas or in doctor’s offices. Over the past ten years, procedures have generated a tremendous amount of revenue, creating jobs and opportunities. Here are some impressive facts about the growth of the industry:
- •There were over 11.5 million non-surgical cosmetic procedures performed in the United States in 2010, as reported by the American Society for Plastic Surgery (ASPS).
- •Non-surgical cosmetic procedures made up almost 90% of all cosmetic procedures.
- •Between 2000-2010, non-surgical procedures increased by 110%!
- •Laser hair removal and laser skin resurfacing are two of the top 5 non-surgical cosmetic procedures
- •For 2010, women had over 11.5 million cosmetic procedures, 91% of the total.
Statistics courtesy of American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.