Over 1.1 million laser hair removal treatments were performed in 2016, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
But did you know there are advantages to cosmetic laser treatments as opposed to traditional spa treatments like facials and massages?
Here are several reasons why cosmetic laser treatments can benefit your future clients!
Benefits of Cosmetic Laser Treatments
- Technology provides controlled accuracy and strength. Medical aesthetics technology has come a long way since it was first introduced nearly two decades ago. Lasers are considered the most effective since they can accurately target deep layers below the skin’s surface.
- Laser treatments bring back your glow. While traditional spa treatments (facials, massages, etc.) leave your skin feeling clean and hydrated, laser treatments rejuvenate your skin from the inside out. They tighten, rejuvenize and resurface your client’s skin to help them look and feel younger.
- Noninvasive with little to no downtime. Cosmetic surgery might be enticing, but in the end, it’s still surgery, which requires recovery time to see results. On top of that, surgery comes with several risks like nerve damage, infection and blood loss. Aesthetic treatments, on the other hand, are noninvasive, meaning they offer clients amazing results with little to no downtime. And for some procedures, the results are immediate.
- Treatments can be done during lunch. The days of taking a half-day off from work to get pampered are long gone. These days, procedures such as Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) photofacials can be administered in as little as 30 minutes!
- It’s for tattoos, too. Lasers aren’t just for skin tightening and hair removal. If your clients have an unwanted tattoo, rather than trying to cover it up, it can be removed with laser tattoo removal.
- Blemishes disappear. While topical acne products may work temporarily, they rarely offer permanent results. If your clients are looking for a more permanent solution to blemishes and acne scars, a skin laser treatment may be the best solution.
Laser Training at National Laser Institute
Are you passionate about the health and beauty industry? Now is your chance to enter the $16 billion medical aesthetics industry with training from National Laser Institute!
We offer a variety of cosmetic laser courses that can be completed in as little as two weeks!
Our Comprehensive Laser Course is the most popular among estheticians and career changers looking to become Cosmetic Laser Techs.
During this two-week course, our knowledgeable instructors will teach you the most in-demand cosmetic treatments, including laser hair removal, skin tightening and acne reduction.
The first half of the course is spent doing didactic (classroom) training where you will learn laser biophysics, tissue interaction, disorders of the skin and patient care.
The remaining days will be spent doing hands-on training in our state-of-the-art educational setting. You will be placed in small, intimate groups where you will watch live laser demonstrations and administer these treatments yourself to gain real-world experience.
By the end of the course, you will feel comfortable and confident to perform treatments for any skin type in a variety of medical aesthetic setting!