Fact: Laser hair removal isn’t just for women.
More men are showing interest in cosmetic treatments such as laser hair removal.
For some, the concept of “manscaping” can be a whole new world, but the results can offer great benefits both personally and professionally.
You might wonder, What does this mean for me? The answer: Once you complete cosmetic laser training, expect to treat more men.
Why Men Are Getting Laser Hair Removal
A 2009 study found that 84 percent of men in America engaged in some type of hair removal (or body depilation) besides shaving their face. Another survey, conducted in the United Kingdom in 2014, found that 17 percent of hair removal clients in London were men.
What’s the reason for this sudden change in male body hair removal? Here are five reasons why men seek laser hair removal:
- Excessive body hair. Laser hair removal is an appealing cosmetic procedure for men who are uncomfortable with excess hair in areas like their back, stomach and chest. A frequent misconception about laser hair removal is it will leave the body completely hairless. A lot of men treat their chest not because they want to get rid of their hair completely, but they want to thin it out.
- Hygiene. Some men find manscaping helps them relieve irritation experienced in the summer months caused by bushiness.
- Easier facial grooming and ingrown hairs. Cosmetic lasers are the only way to treat pseudofolliculitis barbae (or ingrown hairs). Having less hair makes shaving easier and less likely to develop these inflamed, red or dark bumps.
- Balding. Believe it or not, some guys would rather treat their head than deal with sporadic baling.
- Athletic activities. Several male athletes seek laser hair removal because it increases speed and decreases discomfort that is associated with rubbing and chaffing.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal for men is beneficial for a number of reasons. First, men generally have darker and coarser body hair than women. This is ideal for laser hair removal treatments.
Second, since laser hair removal can treat large areas effectively, men can treat areas such as their back or chest relatively quickly.
Last but not least, laser hair removal can be accomplished in just a few sessions, so men don’t have to worry about continuous upkeep as they would with things like shaving and waxing. This cosmetic laser treatment requires around 8 to 12 sessions spaced 5 to 8 weeks apart for maximum effectiveness.
Medical Aesthetics Training at National Laser Institute
Did you know you can become a Cosmetic Laser Tech in just two weeks with medical aesthetics training from National Laser Institute?
With over a decade of excellence, we pioneered the health and beauty industry with cosmetic laser and injectables training courses.
Our Comprehensive Laser Course will teach you some of the most in-demand laser treatments like laser hair removal, Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) photofacial, skin rejuvenation, body contouring (CoolSculpting) and skin tightening!
Each course is divided into didactic (classroom) education and clinical-hands on training in our educational setting to give you the most in-depth learning experience.
In the classroom, you will learn things like facial anatomy, tissue interaction and laser mechanics. This will prepare you for your hands-on training.
We have a dedicated team that works around the clock to schedule clients for you to gain real-world experience. During clinicals, you will also have the opportunity to watch comprehensive laser demonstrations no more than a foot away from the training bed!
By the end of the course, you will feel comfortable and confident performing laser treatments in any medical setting!