When you hear the term laser hair removal, you probably think of women and their desire to remove unwanted underarm hair. But women aren’t the only ones looking to get rid of unwanted body hair – men are too!
In 2016, over 125,000 men received laser hair removal treatments, according to the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). And the popularity is only expected to increase as the medical aesthetics industry continues to grow.
For some, the concept of “manscaping” can be a whole new world, but the results can offer significant benefits both personally and professionally.
The Benefits of Laser Hair Removal For Men
Laser hair reduction benefits men just as much as it does women. Whether a man wants to stop shaving unpleasant neck hair or wants relief from chest hair, there are several benefits to consider:
- Increased confidence. Having excess hair can make some people feel self-conscious; however, having the freedom to wear whatever you want can boost confidence. And confidence is a wonderful attribute to have!
- Precise. Laser hair removal is very precise. A cosmetic laser tech can target the finest areas of hair with a handheld laser device.
- Short treatments. Laser hair removal is often called a lunchtime procedure because a single treatment can take 10 to 30 minutes depending on the size of the area being treated.
- No more shaving rash or ingrown hairs. Perhaps the most significant benefit of laser hair removal is that men no longer have to fuss with shaving or ingrown hairs.
- It is painless. Unlike other hair removal methods, laser hair removal is comfortable and pain-free.
- Level of hair reduction. If a man doesn’t want to go completely hair-free, that is not a problem. They can simply thin-out their hair rather than go completely bald.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal is a cosmetic treatment that kills the hair root using laser light energy to penetrate the hair shaft. This procedure doesn’t destroy the follicle but makes it harder for another hair to grow in the treated area.
Before a laser hair removal session, you will be given protective eye gear. You will feel a slight stinging sensation once your treatment begins. Once your treatment is over, you may see some swelling and redness. This is temporary and won’t keep you from your daily activities.
Men are an ideal laser hair removal patient because they generally have darker and coarser body hair than women. Since laser hair removal can treat large areas effectively, men can treat areas such as their back or chest relatively quickly.
Men also don’t have to worry about continuous upkeep as they would with things like shaving and waxing because permanent hair removal can be accomplished in just a few sessions. Typically, laser hair removal requires around 8 to 12 sessions spaced 5 to 8 weeks apart for maximum effectiveness.
Medical Aesthetics Training at National Laser Institute
Did you know you can become a cosmetic laser technician in just two weeks with medical aesthetics training from National Laser Institute?
With over a decade of excellence, we pioneered the health and beauty industry with cosmetic laser and injectable training courses.
Our Comprehensive Laser Course will teach you some of the most in-demand laser treatments like laser hair removal, Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) photofacial, skin rejuvenation, body contouring (CoolSculpting) and skin tightening!
Each course is divided into didactic (classroom) education and clinical-hands on training in our educational setting to give you the most in-depth learning experience.
In the classroom, you will learn things like facial anatomy, tissue interaction and laser mechanics. This will prepare you for your hands-on training.
We have a dedicated team that works around the clock to schedule clients for you to gain real-world experience. During clinicals, you will also have the opportunity to watch comprehensive laser demonstrations no more than a foot away from the training bed!
By the end of the course, you will feel comfortable and confident performing laser treatments in any medical setting!
To learn more about National Laser Institute’s cosmetic laser courses, please fill out the form on the right or give us a call at 800-982-6817.