National Laser Institute is the country’s leading educator for advanced training in medical aesthetics and cosmetic laser treatments. National Laser Institute is also an industry acclaimed provider of Continuing Medical Education (CME) and accreditation for health care professionals. With the highest priority placed on academic excellence, all classroom instruction and clinical training is provided by dermatologists, plastic surgeons, physicians, cosmetic nurses, certified laser instructors, and other expert health care professionals in the field of medical aesthetics.
National Laser Institute’s main campus includes a 10,000 square foot luxury spa facility. Here, students receive invaluable clinical observation hours and hands-on treatment practice with actual clients of the fully functioning retail spa. National Laser Institute is the only training program of its kind to offer this level of comprehensive education in a career-focused and “real world” setting.
Our Humble Beginnings
National Laser Institute was founded in 2003 by Louis J. Silberman. During the first three years, National Laser Institute provided medical aesthetics education, training, and certification in laser skin applications, such as Laser Hair Removal, IPL Photofacial, Fractional Scar Reduction, and Laser Tattoo Removal. In 2006, Silberman made the decision to expand National Laser Institute by opening the National Laser Institute School of Continuing Medical Education for nurses and physicians who wish to receive training and accreditation for injectable skin modalities, such as BOTOX®, Dermal Fillers and Sclerotherapy Vein Removal.
Company Milestones and Highlights
• Approved and endorsed by the Arizona Radiation Regulatory Agency (ARRA), as well as the Arizona and Nevada State Board for Private Post Secondary Education.
• First Laser School in the country to teach a course on Fractional Wrinkle and Scar Reduction, as well as Radiofrequency Skin Tightening.
• First Laser School in the country to combine classroom instruction with one-on-one observation and hands-on training for both laser and Intense Pulse Light (IPL) treatments like Laser Hair Removal, Photofacial Skin Rejuvenation, and Laser Wrinkle Reduction.
• Only Medical Aesthetics School in North America to offer an exclusive and accredited 8-Day Continuing Medical Education course on BOTOX®, Dermal Fillers, Sclerotherapy and laser modalities for nurses and physicians.
• Injectable courses are approved for CME credits for physicians and physician assistants and CE credits for nurses. These activities have been reviewed and are acceptable for up to 66 prescribed credits by the American Family of Family Physician.
• Continuing nursing education activities were approved by the Arizona Nurses’ Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
What to Expect
National Laser Institute attracts students from across the United States and around the globe: South America, Europe and Asia. Student demographic for medical aesthetics and laser training courses include aestheticians or career-changing individuals whose current state regulations allow them to practice laser/light-based treatments without a medical or aesthetician license. The student demographic for BOTOX®, Dermal Fillers and Sclerotherapy Vein Removal courses at their CE/CME accredited School of Continuing Medical Education consists of nurses, physicians and physician’s assistants.