Botox is the most sought-after nonsurgical cosmetic service in the United States with over 7 million treatments performed in 2016.
Because it is a treatment that is in such high demand, many nurses, doctors and medical professionals have been seeking out Botox injection certification in order to add this skill set to their expertise or practice.
Who Qualifies for Botox Injection Certification?
In the state of Arizona, you must be a trained medical professional in order to perform Botox and other cosmetic injectable treatments. This means physicians, nurses, dentists, nurse practitioners and more are able to attend a Botox injection training course in order to become certified.
Each state has it’s own regulations when it comes to Botox injection certification, but in the state of Arizona aestheticians and skin care specialists are not allowed to perform Botox. You must take a Botox injection training course and have proper certification before you inject patients. Also, depending on your state, you may have to update your certification every 5 years or so in order to stay up to date with the current injection training techniques and times.
What You Will Learn During Botox Training
Botox injection training is offered at esthetic schools across the country where nurses, doctors and medical professionals learn Botox injection techniques and the protocols associated with different cosmetic injectable treatments.
During a Botox and injectables course at National Laser Institute, you will learn things like:
- Facial anatomy. It’s important to know the names, locations and functions of different muscle groups as treating the wrong muscles could have unintended side effects. If you look closely, you will notice a facial injection chart in a doctor’s office. This provides a physician with a quick reference tool, and it can be used to explain Botox injections to patients.
- How to check labels. While Allergan is the only manufacturer that can produce Botox, there are other manufactures of the botulinum toxin. Each manufacturer has a minimum saline-to-botulism ratio, which is important to follow when administering a cosmetic injectable treatment.
- Proper dosage. Botox is not a “one size fits all” treatment. Each patient you see is going to require a different dosage of product in order for the treatment to be effective. Gender also makes a difference when it comes to cosmetic injectables. Men typically have larger muscles, which requires a higher dosage.
- Patient assessment. Not every patient is a good candidate for medical aesthetic treatments. There are some patients who are more prone to bruising and other side effects. Students will learn how to conduct the consultation process, including how to perform the physical examination and interview process during Botox injection training.
You will also learn some of the most in-demand Botox and dermal filler treatment areas, including:
- Between the eyebrows. This can reduce the appearance of frown lines, which are the two vertical lines that create an “11” in between your eyebrows.
- The forehead. Botox in this area of the face can reduce the appearance of a furrowed face.
- Crow’s feet. To create an overall younger appearance, Botox can be injected on the side of your eyes, which are most commonly referred to as crow’s feet.
Botox Injection Training at National Laser Institute
At National Laser Institute, we have a variety of course options to fit your learning goals and schedule! You can choose from a 1-day Botox injection certification course that only covers Botox injections, a 2-day Botox and dermal filler course or any of our comprehensive courses that also include Botox and fillers on top of laser training, sclerotherapy, tattoo removal training and many more.
The level of medical aesthetic comprehension is up to you. However, all of these courses offer you didactic training as well as clinical hands-on training with scheduled clients within a luxury medical spa. With National Laser Institute, you have the opportunity to earn CE/CME credits upon completion of your Botox injection training course or courses as well.
Why should you choose National Laser Institute for Botox injection certification? We are the leading medical aesthetic school who has pioneered the first cosmetic laser training curriculum for laser schools across the country.
We have been in this business for over a decade and are recognized as gold standard education. We are dedicated to each and every student, making sure they get the best possible education and hands-on training. We’ve earned many outstanding reviews as well as an A+ rating from the BBB.
To learn more about Botox certification or any of our other course options for medical professionals, please call give us a call at 800-982-6817 to speak to an Admissions Advisor or fill out the form on your right.