Did you know laser tattoo removal is one of the fastest-growing cosmetic treatments?
During tattoo removal training, you’ll learn that there are 3 reasons why tattoo placement matters for tattoo removal.
Why Location Matters for Tattoo Removal
Here are 3 reasons tattoo placement matters to laser techs in the laser tattoo removal industry:
1. Tattoo placement affects how well a tattoo can be removed
One of the general rules of thumb is the closer a tattoo is to the heart, the more effective the treatment will be. Tattoos on the upper arms, neck or face have a better chance of removal as opposed to tattoos on the hands, feet or legs, which experience lower rates of circulation.
2. Tattoo placement affects how many sessions are needed
Clients who have upper body tattoos may experience faster healing between each treatment session. Many laser techs suggest clients with upper and middle body tattoos wait about 6 to 12 weeks between sessions. For the lower body, it’s best to wait 8 to 12 weeks between sessions.
3. Tattoo placement may affect pain level for clients getting laser tattoo removal
Laser tattoo removal hurts in locations where it hurt to get the original tattoo. So, areas where the skin is thin and covering a sensitive ligament (i.e. hands, wrist, elbows, etc.) will hurt more. During training, you’ll learn how to remove a tattoo with minimal client discomfort.
How Does Tattoo Removal Work?
Before lasers became popular in the late 1980s, tattoo removal involved the use of one or more methods that were often painful and scar-inducing. These methods included:
- Dermabrasion. Skin is “sanded” to remove the surface and middle layers of skin.
- Cryosurgery. The area is frozen prior to removal.
- Excision. A dermatologic surgeon removes the tattoo with a scalpel, and the wound is closed with stitches.
A treatment is quite simple:
- The laser produces short pulses of intense light
- That pass through the top layers of skin and absorbed by the tattoo pigment.
- This causes the tattoo pigment to fragment into smaller particles,
- And they are removed by the body’s immune system.
How many treatments are needed? The location, age and quality of the tattoo combined with the body’s ability to dispose of the tattoo ink will determine the number of treatments needed.
Tattoo Removal Training at National Laser Institute
At National Laser Institute, we offer tattoo removal training that can be completed in just 1-2 weeks!
During our Just Tattoo Removal Course, you’ll receive didactic education and clinical hands-on training where you will have to opportunity to treat scheduled clients in our luxury medical spa.
The technology we use includes all 3 wavelengths (1064/755/532) to address all tattoo colors. Although most laser tattoo devices don’t include all 3 wavelengths, knowing the different types is key to your success as a tattoo removal technician.
Attendees who have received tattoo removal training have gone on to work at laser clinics, medical spas, tattoo shops, and some have even opened their own business!
Of course, if you are interested in learning more than just tattoo removal, our Comprehensive Laser Course has got you covered. In addition to tattoo removal, you’ll learn things like:
- Laser hair removal
- Skin tightening
- Body contouring
- Acne reduction
- IPL photofacial
- Fat reduction
- Cellulite reduction
- And more!