It’s no secret women (and more recently men) have been getting Botox injections to reduce the appearance of forehead wrinkles and crow’s feet for a more youthful appearance.
In fact, the botulinum toxin is the No. 1 nonsurgical cosmetic treatment with over 7 million procedures performed in the past year alone, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)!
But did you know there are other uses for Botox injections?
Uses for Botox
In addition to treating things like wrinkles, frown lines and bunny lines, Botox can be used to:
1. Alleviate excessive sweating.Tired of armpit stains? Are you prone to excessive sweating during exercise? Do your feet and palms sweat, too? Botox injections can help! Botox can relieve symptoms of hyperhidrosis by “turning off” sweating at the injection site.
2. Smooth the neck. By injecting the platysmal muscle that runs down the length of the neck, Botox can smooth and tighten this area as we age.
3. Tighten the jowls. A little Botox along the muscles of the jawbone can pull the skin up for a more defined effect.
4. Lift and plump lips. Do you wish you had fuller lips? Botox injections along the upper lip border roll the top lip up and out slightly to appear plumper.
5. Soothe migraines. Botox is injected into the forehead, temples and scalp to relax the muscles in the head so they are not as sensitive to pain.
6. Extend the life of a blowout. Some women have gotten Botox injections on their scalp and hairline to keep their blowouts fresher for longer periods of time.
Botox Training at National Laser Institute
Did you know if you are a doctor, nurse or other medical professional, you qualify to take our Botox and cosmetic injectable training courses?
At National Laser Institute, we offer CE/CME courses that can be completed in as little as 1-2 weeks! And if you are on-the-go, we have weekend courses, too. Each course is led by some of the industry’s leading nurses, doctors, skincare specialists and cosmetic laser techs with 5 – 20 years of experience in the field.
Our courses include classroom education and clinical hands-on training to provide you with the ultimate learning experience! In the classroom, you will learn things like facial anatomy, Botox injection techniques and pre- and post-patient care.
During hands-on training in our educational setting, you will watch comprehensive Botox and cosmetic injectable demonstrations and perform treatments yourself. We have a dedicated team that works around the clock to schedule clients in order for you to gain real world experience.
By the end of your Botox training at National Laser Institute, you will have the confidence and skills to perform Botox and other cosmetic injectable treatments in any medical setting!