In recent years, the medical aesthetics industry has exploded due to a higher demand for treatments such as cosmetic lasers and injections. As patients continue to seek anti-aging services, more estheticians are enrolling in cosmetic laser courses to begin a career in medical aesthetics.
So why are estheticians flocking to aesthetics? By becoming a cosmetic laser technician, estheticians increase their versatility, which opens the door to opportunities they would not have access to otherwise.
Before you can even begin offering laser treatments to clients, training is a must! National Laser Institute is a medical aesthetics school in Dallas that offers hands-on courses for estheticians looking to earn their cosmetic laser training.
3 Ways Estheticians Benefit From Medical Aesthetics
A career in medical aesthetics will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Make more money. Laser treatments usually require a series of visits, which means your clients will return two to three times in order to experience the full results. Couple this with high-profit margins and you will be able to make more money than if you were not laser trained.
- Expand your services. Keep your clients happy, so you don’t lose them to your competition! Cosmetic treatments will help you to retain your current clientele while increasing your pool of potential customers.
- Create your point of difference. You will become more marketable by becoming a laser tech as this skill set differentiates you from other estheticians who are not trained. Whether you are starting your own business or looking for employment, you need to differentiate yourself in the marketplace to become successful.
How To Become A Cosmetic Laser Technician
Since anti-aging services such as laser hair removal are cosmetic, training is a must! National Laser Institute, a medical aesthetics school in Dallas, offers laser training courses that are specifically designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge you need to become a successful cosmetic laser technician.
Cosmetic laser courses are specifically designed for people who are in search of a career in medical aesthetics. For a comprehensive learning experience, each course includes classroom education and hands-on training, so students feel confident in their new skill set.
In the classroom, your instructor will facilitate discussions about laser biophysics and how lasers interact with skin tissue, among other topics. You will also spend time talking about:
- The Fitzpatrick scale for skin typing
- Different types of laser devices and how they work
- Potential side effects and how to manage them
- Disorders of the skin
- How to conduct a patient consultation
The second half of your course will take place in an educational training environment. Here, you will watch comprehensive laser demonstrations and treat scheduled clients to gain real-world experience. You will also be able to receive treatments, too. We believe that you should have these anti-aging services to understand what your clients are experiencing!
Medical Aesthetics School In Dallas
With over a decade of excellence, National Laser Institute is a medical aesthetics school in Dallas that offers cosmetic laser courses for individuals in search of a new career in medical aesthetics!
Our Comprehensive Laser Course is the most popular among students because it includes a wide range of treatments and equipment while providing students hands-on experience treating scheduled clients within a medical spa environment.
The first half of the course is spent in a classroom environment where you will learn from experienced instructors who have seven to 20 years of experience in the field. The remaining days are spent in a medical spa environment where you will put your new skills to the test and treat clients that we book for you!
Our Graduate Services Department is here to help you succeed once you graduate. Our knowledgeable team works around the clock to send out over 600 job leads a month to our alumni! Previous students have found rewarding careers working at physician’s offices, fitness centers, laser clinics and medical spas.