Are you a nurse looking to increase your skillset? Why not start with a couture, in-demand treatment like lip augmentation. Lip fillers are an on-trend treatment that has only grown in popularity since 2016. Become an artist by learning how to administer lip filler injections at National Laser Institute.
Lip Augmentation Training for Nurses
Lip augmentation is an art form. Cosmetic injectors learn to study the intricacies of the facial form to create the perfect pout for their client.
Who can perform lip injections?
Only medical professionals such as nurses, nurse practitioners, and doctors are able to undergo training to perform cosmetic injections. With non-surgical procedures such as lip filler injections or a Botox “lip-flip” on the rise, many doctors’ offices are looking to add cosmetic procedures to increase their revenue.
Types of Lip Augmentation
Dermal fillers contain substances similar to hyaluronic acid, which is found naturally in the body. Common dermal fillers used are Juvederm, Volbella, Volure, and Restylane. Dermal fillers address concerns such as asymmetrical lips, lumps and bumps, uneven lips, and volume loss.
Benefits of using Lip Fillers
1. Control of Volume. With dermal fillers, you control how much is injected, thus ensuring you can control the lip volume created.
2. Gradual Change. By increasing the amount of sessions, you can gradually inject lip filler to create a smoother transition for your client.
3. Increased Comfort. In fact, some dermal fillers include lidocaine for increased comfort for your client.
What can Dermal Fillers Treat
1. Smoker’s Lines. Dermal fillers can smooth and soften smoker’s lines around the mouth.
2. Marionette Lines. In addition, dermal fillers can fill marionette lines, creating a softer appearance.
3. Smile Lines. Dermal fillers can be injected into the nasolabial folds to rid your client of smile lines.
Botox Lip Flip
An injection of the botulinum toxin type A, Botox, will soften and relax the muscles around the mouth. As a result, the upper lip rolls up and outward. A lip flip is an excellent treatment to provide to clients who want more of a “pout” instead of increased volume in the lips.
Benefits of a “Lip Flip”
1. Treats “Gummy Smiles.” A Botox Lip Flip is perfect for clients who feel like they show too much of their gums when they smile.
2. Moderate Volume. In addition, a lip flip is great for clients who want a less dramatic, fuller pout.
Why National Laser Institute?
National Laser Institute has been an industry leader for over a decade and has a long-standing reputation in laser and injectable treatments. You will be trained on the latest injection techniques by medical aesthetic experts in the field. In addition to the didactic portion of the course, you will receive hands-on training with real clients.