Considering Esthetician School? Here’s the Top 5 Reasons Why Medical Esthetician School Could be Better for You
Our skin is the largest organ in our bodies, so it’s no wonder why so many of us complete the steps to take good care of it. On the superficial side, everyone wants to have flawless skin. Estheticians are able to provide you facials, waxing, peels, wraps, and more, but before you think about esthetician school, consider what medical esthetician school can do for you.
First off, what is a medical esthetician? Medical esthetician are those certified in performing treatments within the dermal and epidermal region. This means they are trained to do treatments like laser hair reduction, Botox, photofacial skin rejuvenation, dermal fillers and much more.
Okay, you might say, but why is that so much better than what I’d learn in esthetician school? Here is where we break it down, explaining the top five years why medical esthetician school could be a better choice for you:
1. Laser is in. People are attracted to shiny, new pretty things. Example: the latest iPhone, the newest model car, the latest diet fad. Cosmetic lasers are not only “in,” but they’re everywhere in Hollywood media. Kim Kardashian has had laser hair reduction and cellulite reduction. Megan Fox has had laser tattoo removal. Laser is in, and when something is in and has been in-demand this long, it’s time to jump at the opportunity to make an income off of it!
2. Laser shows results faster. Let’s say you are an esthetician with a medical esthetician background as well. Your client wants a facial rejuvenation of some kind, but she wants to see results fast! You could give her a chemical peel, OR you could give her an eMatrix skin rejuvenation treatment. The eMatrix skin rejuvenation will show noticeably youthful results in an average of 3 days, and the price point is much higher than the chemical peel. So you’re killing two birds with one stone–giving your client exactly what she asked for AND earning more of an income for yourself with this higher price-point treatment!
3. Laser treatment time is typically quicker. Most cosmetic laser treatments can be performed in a very short amount of time. Laser hair reduction for underarms or upper lip takes an average of fifteen minutes, and laser tattoo removal takes between 2-5 minutes! Because some of these treatments can be performed in a short amount of time, you are capable of treating more clients in one day and thus, earning more money.
4. Technology is advancing. One of the great things about cosmetic laser technology is that it continues to advance, which is a way of keeping your clients returning for more treatments. If technology is advancing, then they will most likely see results faster than before!
5. Cosmetic injectables. Only medical professionals who are certified in the cosmetic injectable portion of medical esthetics are capable of performing treatments like Botox and dermal fillers. But adding these skillsets to your expertise is worth it for doctors and nurses. Did you know Botox and dermal fillers are the top two nonsurgical treatments in the nation? Millions of people request these treatments each year, and now you can reap the benefits by offering them to clients.
We’re not saying that you should not attend esthetician school. In fact, attendees who come to our school typically attend esthetician school before or after they come here for training. It’s great to obtain both skillsets, but because cosmetic laser and injectable technology have the potential to offer higher-priced services to clients with fast result and treatment time, medical esthetic school does seem to have greater benefits.
National Laser Institute is the leading medical esthetic school in the nation and offers a wide variety of cosmetic laser and injectable training courses. Courses include hands-on clinical training with real clients within a retail medical spa where you’ll practice on state-of-the-art equipment. We are recognized as gold star education and have earned many outstanding reviews.
To learn more about medical esthetic school or our courses at National Laser Institute, please call 800.982.6817.