Top 3 Most Popular Laser Treatments in 2023
Are you interested in learning the top 3 most popular laser treatments in 2023? Keep reading as we reveal which treatments the most successful cosmetic laser techs are performing in the medical aesthetics industry.
Top 3 Most Popular Cosmetic Laser Treatments of 2023
1. Laser Hair Reduction
To start off, laser hair reduction, also known as laser hair removal, is one of the 3 most popular cosmetic laser treatments in 2023. Laser hair reduction is a treatment that uses lasers and heat to damage the hair follicle. Due to this, hair growth within the treated area is inhibited by the hair follicle as it is unable to grow hair anymore. Clients can expect a 90% reduction in their hair growth as a result.
Why Is Laser Hair Reduction So Popular?
- It reduces or eliminates unwanted hair, leaving the skin smooth and soft.
- It reduces the occurrence of ingrown hairs.
- Lastly, it reduces the time and money spent removing hair through methods such as shaving, and waxing.
2. Laser Skin Resurfacing
To begin, laser skin resurfacing is one of the three most popular laser treatments of 2023. Moreover, laser skin resurfacing is a type of laser treatment that improves the look of the skin. This treatment works by using a laser to gently remove the lightest outer layer of skin. With this in mind, the body is stimulated to produce new skin cells and increase collagen production in the treated area. This treatment also firms the skin to create a more youthful appearance.
Why Is Laser Skin Resurfacing In High Demand?
Firstly, laser skin resurfacing rejuvenates the skin. This is the ultimate procedure for skin rejuvenation because it addresses many conditions of the skin. For example, laser skin resurfacing treatments help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, age spots, and acne scars. As well as that, laser skin resurfacing improves the texture and tone of the skin.
What Does Laser Skin Resurfacing Treat?
- Age Spots – laser skin resurfacing treatments reduce the appearance of age spots. This popular laser treatment reduces the appearance of age spots because the laser targets the pigment within the spots. Once this pigment has broken up, the body will then absorb it, then dispose of it through its natural processes. Due to this, the age spots diminish and the client is left with a youthful glow and even tone of the skin.
- Wrinkles – laser skin resurfacing treatments are beneficial in treating wrinkles because the treatment reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Also, the treatment boosts the production of two major proteins that will keep the skin looking rejuvenated and fresh. With this in mind, collagen and elastin production are increased during, and after the laser skin resurfacing treatment.
- Acne Scars – laser skin resurfacing improves the appearance of acne scars. Due to how the laser operates, the laser removes a fine, thin, top layer of the skin. With this in mind, this reduces the appearance of acne scars. As well as that, the laser treatment increases the production of collagen. Due to this, collagen fills the acne scars to improve the overall texture of the skin.
3. Laser Tattoo Removal
Laser tattoo removal is a medical procedure that incorporates the use of laser energy to break apart the ink particles within the tattoo. Due to this, the tattoo fades over time. As well as that, laser tattoo removal requires multiple sessions. This is due to the fact the body can only process so much pigment at once.
Why Is Laser Tattoo Removal In Such High Demand?
- Tattoos That Become Distorted Over Time – There are many ways a tattoo becomes distorted over time. For example, many tattoos face sun damage. Due to this, the ink fades in the sun. Also, the normal process of aging causes the skin to stretch out and sag. With this in mind, the tattoo can become strange and distorted. Important to consider, tattoos are affected by weight gain and weight loss.
- A New Tattoo in the Area – A client chooses laser tattoo removal, due to wanting a new tattoo in the area. For example, the process of removing a tattoo will gradually lighten the area. This makes it easier for the tattoo artist to perform a cover-up or make a new tattoo in its spot.
- Tattoo Regret – There are multiple reasons a client chooses laser tattoo removal. For example, the client regrets the tattoo they have. As well as that, the client chooses laser tattoo removal because the tattoo no longer has meaning to them
Why Learn the Most Popular Laser Treatments in 2023?
When you are working as a laser technician, you will have a flexible schedule. Oftentimes, you can set your own hours to work around your personal schedule. As well as that, there are a variety of treatments to perform when working as a cosmetic laser technician. Due to this, the variety of work keeps things interesting. Last, but not least, cosmetic laser technicians have a high earning potential, and many laser technicians earn a competitive salary.
National Laser Institute has just what you need to succeed in the medical aesthetics field as a cosmetic laser technician. Important to note, National Laser Institute is recognized as the “Gold Standard,” in the medical aesthetics field for both laser technologies and cosmetic injectables. As well as that, National Laser Institute offers comprehensive courses that range from one day to two weeks! Whatever works best for you! Click here to chat with one of our admissions advisors! Click here to take a look at our laser technician courses.