Do you love beauty? Have you always wanted to help people improve the way they look and feel about themselves? Are you someone who is looking for a new career in an industry that is fun and constantly growing and evolving. Become a laser technician and perform cosmetic laser treatments on happy clients! You’ll love working one on one with clients as you improve their skin and grow their confidence. This is an industry that is booming and shows no signs of slowing down as more and more millennials turn to medical aesthetic treatments to maintain their youthful look. Here at the National Laser Institute, we offer many different learning experiences that allow you to switch into your dream career in two weeks or less! You could have a whole new future in just as little as two weeks by becoming certified to perform cosmetic laser treatments. Want to learn more about this booming industry and dream career? Keep reading!
Medical aestheticians perform cosmetic laser treatments & other procedures such as:
- Injections of Neurotoxins and Dermal Fillers
- Chemical Peels
- Cosmetic Dermatology treatments
- Body Contouring and Treatment of Cellulite
- Hair Transplant
- Hair Reduction
- Fat Grafting/Platelet Rich Plasma
- Laser and IPL
- Scar Management
Medical Aesthetic Industry
The North American market for medical aesthetics will continue to be the largest in the world in 2020. Baby boomers are still a big population and as they continue to age there is a huge market for medical aesthetic procedures that treat issues such as age spots, wrinkles, and saggy skin. The male segment of the medical aesthetic market will continue to grow as more and more men are getting procedures to maintain a more youthful appearance in the workplace and in their romantic lives. The technology in the medical aesthetic industry continues to get better and better with non-invasive procedures and little to no recovery time following treatments. The FDA is also approving more and more medical aesthetic devises in the United States leading to new procedures being available. Treatment results are getting better as technology improves and side effects following treatment are decreasing. Clients are also becoming more educated about the correct treatment for their issues. Overall the industry is looking strong as everyone from baby boomers to millennials is using their disposable income on medical aesthetic procedures. The obsession to maintain a youthful look has never been stronger!
Benefits of working in the Medical Aesthetic Industry
1. Working with clients one on one
2. Building client relationships
3. Getting to learn/hear about the newest technologies
4.Getting to be around beauty all-day
5. Making people feel good about themselves
6. Being able to do all different types of treatments
7. A beautiful work environment
8. A great schedule (work/life balance)
9. You are always learning new things
10. This a booming Industry!!
The average laser technician makes about $64,588 a year in the United States. The salary range for laser technicians is between $46,000 and $79,000 dollars. The estimated salary is supposed to increase by 16% over the next five years to an estimated average salary of $74,000 dollars a year. This is an industry that is only going to grow as the demand for treatments increases!
Where Laser Technicians work
So where can you perform cosmetic laser treatments as a medical aesthetician? Here’s an overview of some of the places that medical aestheticians work. You don’t have to be in a medical spa, you can work in many different settings – even a fitness center!
These days it is now possible to get all kinds of treatments at your normal primary physician. Many physicians, obstetricians, and OB/GYNs are adding all types of medical aesthetic services to their practice. Due to the fact that these services are not covered by insurance, there is less of a hassle about the treatment and many physicians make good money out of offering these services.
Day spas and beauty salons
While day spas typically focus on relaxation and rejuvenation, they have recognized the need to add these services to deliver more dramatic results. Some businesses have brought in a physician or nurse to provide cosmetic procedures to their clients who might already get laser hair reduction and Botox elsewhere. This is the perfect place to work if you want to be in a beautiful and relaxing environment while you make people look and feel their best.
Small businesses focusing on only one type of treatment can decrease overhead costs while providing excellent service. Niche boutiques have become popular for procedures like laser hair and tattoo removal. While these cosmetic treatments typically require multiple sessions to be effective, this can turn new clients into repeat customers. This is the perfect place to work if you are looking for a smaller, more intimate environment with a lot of repeat clients.
Recently, some national fitness chains have begun to offer cosmetic laser treatments as part of their in-house spa amenities. Fitness centers are capitalizing on their current member base and expanding to non-members to provide a one-stop-shop. This is a great place to work if you want to be around clients who are healthy and fit individuals that want to optimize how their body looks and feels.
Want to perform cosmetic laser treatments on clients as a medical aesthetician? Consider taking one of our many courses in order to make your dreams come true. You can become a cosmetic laser technician in as little as two weeks!
2 week Comprehensive Laser Course
This course is our most popular course that we offer here at the National Laser Institute. The course is perfect for students looking to perform cosmetic laser treatments and become laser technicians. You’ll learn the industry’s most in-demand cosmetic laser treatments and walk away feeling confident in your ability to assess a client’s skincare needs. You’ll learn through hands-on training and classroom teaching from our world-class instructors.
- Laser hair removal
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) photofacial
- Laser spider vein reduction
- Laser acne treatments
- CoolSculpting body contouring
- Cellulite reduction
- Radiofrequency (RF) skin tightening
- Laser wrinkle reduction
- Laser skin tightening
- Laser tattoo removal
At the end of the program, you’ll be able to:
- Recognize the unique characteristics of a cosmetic client
- Understand the fundamentals of how a laser interacts with skin tissue
- Explain how different types of light-based devices interact with the skin in nonsurgical procedures
- Identify safety issues and complications as well as recognize contraindications for various cosmetic laser treatments
- Determine which types of laser treatments will create the desired results for your clients
- Understand the hazards associated with cosmetic lasers and how to avoid them
- Demonstrate proper technique and safe operation of laser and pulsed light devices
- Explain the benefits, expectations, and results associated with several laser devices
More about our program:
- Classes are lead by dermatologists, cosmetic surgeons, and leading industry physicians and medical aesthetics experts
- Students train on multiple, industry-leading technologies
- Training is done in our luxury, retail medical spa training center
- We have a medical advisory board with over 100 years of combined experience
- We also have a business development/marketing seminar
- We’ve been featured in the top national health and beauty publications
- We pioneered the industry for education in Laser, Botox, and Filler training
“I’m so thankful to have passed through the doors of the National Laser Institute. This was an awesome experience. The educators are experienced and supportive and caring. I feel that I will make some employers very happy with the quality of my education. I would definitely recommend National Laser Institute. Thank you, Louis Silberman and staff, in Arizona!”
– Shar Williams
“My experience here at National Laser Institute was one I’ll never forget. I learned a great deal of information about the many different machines and procedures in this ever-growing industry. I also enjoyed the wonderful instructors and their vast experiences with lasers.”
– Amanda Michaud
“My experience has been amazing! I loved meeting so many new people and working with the best lasers–and having the best instructors!! They were all great and had the BEST personalities. I learned so much by doing clinical and being quizzed by the instructors. It was so much fun getting to work with clients alongside the instructors!”
– Lacey Mack
If you are interested in being able to perform cosmetic laser treatments, then check out our courses and give us a call at 1-800-982-6817 for more information!