Looking for a new medical aesthetic treatment to add additional earning potential with your employer or an additional revenue stream to your practice?
National Laser Institute is excited announce that it will now offer a 1-day PDO Threads course for doctors, nurses and other medical professionals!
What Are PDO Threads?
Nicknamed the non-surgical face lift, PDO Threads stimulate collagen growth while lifting the face to accentuate the cheeks, tighten the jawline and diminish the jowls.
In the past, polydioxanone (PDO) threads were favored by surgeons performing cardiothoracic surgery, because they dissolve within four to six months and don’t create scar tissue.
PDO threads have recently gained recognition in the medical aesthetics industry. They can be inserted almost anywhere on the body, but doctors and nurses have found that they are especially effective for the neck and jawline. The lower third of the face is challenging to treat effectively with Botox or dermal fillers. But by combining these common medical aesthetic treatments with PDO threads, patients will experience optimal results!
In addition to new collagen growth, there are many other benefits to PDO threads:
- Increased skin rejuvenation
- Skin lifting and brightened skin tone
- Instant and sustained increase in volume
- Improvement in skin wrinkles for up to 12 to 18 months
- No surgery and minimal downtime
How do PDO Threads Work?
A PDO Thread lift can be completed in just three easy steps!
1. Patients are numbed with a lidocaine injection
2. Then a small needle is used to place an “introducer” port in the treatment area
3. Where a micro cannula, pre-loaded with the threads, is inserted through the port and pushed through the subdermal layer of skin. As the cannula is retracted, the thread is left in place, creating a subtle lift.
PDO Threads Training
At National Laser Institute, we offer PDO Thread certification for doctors, nurses and other medical professionals who have completed our Botox, Dermal Filler & Advanced Injectable course OR has 6 months of Botox/dermal filler injecting experience.
During a PDO Threads course, students will receive hands-on training where they will treat scheduled clients in an educational setting to gain real world experience. You will be trained how to administer PDO thread lifts on some of the most in-demand treatment areas:
- Cheek vector
- Lip enhancement/Peri oral lines
- Nasal labial folds
Students who complete PDO threads training will demonstrate knowledge of three types of threads:
- Smooth. Improves collagen and crepey skin in the cheeks.
- Twisted. Improves collagen while adding volume. This type of thread is typically used in the nasal labial or marionette area.
- Barbed. Provides a lift in the lower/mid face and the neck.
With threads certification from National Laser Institute, you will be prepared to confidently provide these treatments to your patients in a safe, professional and efficient manner. Upon successful completion of the program, you will receive a completion certificate.
If you would like to learn more about National Laser Institute’s new PDO Threads course, course dates or any of our other CME courses, fill out the form on the right, or give us a call at 800-982-6817 for more information.